Indonesia has become one of the most popular emerging markets for availing increasingly attractive options for foreign job seekers. For instance, its Jakarta city has for a long time has provided a reliable job market for people with specialized skills and also had a progressively growing economy. For a foreigner, working in Indonesia is a wonderful experience but one has to prepare wisely in order to become a fully reliable and competent employee. Taking time to get used to new life outside one's native country, are crucial for one's health and well being. Trying to settle a balance between new job, family and a new country may set aside concerns over one's health and balancing one's lifestyle. However, with a few routine practices, expats are in a position to maintain a healthy lifestyle while still working in Indonesia. Outlined below are some of the practices.
- Taking a diet Healthy dishes translates to good health. In Indonesia, the most popular healthy dish is gado-gado which is a traditional Indonesian salad made from a mix of vegetables. This option is can be found in most of popular Indonesian restaurants but still if one wants to make one for themselves, they can buy the locally available ingredients like cabbage, boiled corn, green beans, and bean sprouts. This salad is served dressed in peanut source but in case an expat has peanut allergies, they are advised not to take the salad just in case it has traces of the sauce.
- Use fresh, traditional ingredients Indonesians tend to add a lot of nutritious aromatic spices in most of their dishes. For instance, you find most of them adding chillis, tamarind, lemongrass, cinamon and lime leaves. Due to its richness in fiber and vitamins, coconut milk is used in preparation of most soups, sources and even drinks. This adds to nutritional value of Indonesian dishes. Noodles and rice are the staple food for Indonesians.
- Participate in sports One of the best ways of making the best out of Indonesia's array of islands on one's days off is picking a spot to be practicing. There is a variety of traditional spots one can participate in while working in Indonesia. For instance, one can play football, badminton or even basketball. The most unique sport in Indonesian art is pancake silat. The spot involves body fighting where you are required to do grappling, throwing and striking while involving bladed weapons.
- Taking succulent snacks Indonesia has a variety of tasty treats and snacks. The most popular snack is called lapis legit. The cake is made of of a number of thin layers made from a mix of egg yolks, butter, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Another most popular traditional snack is kue lemper which is made of glutinous rice. The snack contains chicken or fish, wrapped with a banana leaf.
- Get ways of striking a balance between the expat life and family life A healthy family life also adds to one's healthy living and lifestyle especially for married expats. While it, involvement in family tends to be pre-occupied by other staff to an extent of one of the partner feeling alone. It is however important for both of you to prioritize each other and make each one an important part of life. Communication is the key in making the journey positive to the two of you.
In conclusion, it is important to note that getting a job in Indonesia is a golden opportunity especially given that the Indonesian government is working on alleviating local unemployment. However, once one gets there, it is important to be sensitive towards healthy lifestyle to avoid losing oneself in the search for dollars. This calls for getting time away from work to relish experience, explore places and enjoy moments with people around oneself. Spending time with one's family is an important thing and also spend a fraction of time focusing on important things.